Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Brief Introduction

Exactly 4 weeks ago today, I was waiting with my bridesmaids in a toddler Sunday School room, waiting for my wedding ceremony to start and finally no longer feeling like I needed to puke. When older women tell you how fast your wedding day goes, they mean it! It wasn't a blur until we got to the reception though. I can remember each aspect of the ceremony with perfect clarity; the vows, the reading, the prayer and first communion, exchanging our rings and being announced as husband and wife. Remember the kiss Prince William gave Kate Middleton? That was my kiss too.
The reception was much busier than I thought. You don't realize how little time the bride and groom actually get to party at their own reception until you are the bride or groom and people keep pulling you away for photos. I missed a couple songs I had wanted to dance to because I was too busy smiling for photos and talking to all my guests! Don't worry, I didn't pull a Father of the Bride and not get my father/daughter dance. I got that and a dance with my 87-year-old grandfather to a Bing Crosby song from the year he married my grandmother - 1945!

Me and Bumpa


I decided to start this blog as a way to capture everything that goes on in this first year of marriage, as it's usually the one that can make or break a couple. We're all adults (presumably) here so I'm not sugar-coating things. I will be blunt but I will not be crude. I want to record as much as possible; the funny, the weird, the frustrating, and the disappointing.

Off we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment