Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Changing Lanes

Every so often when I'm driving on the highway, I find it necessary to switch from the slower lane to the faster one to pass somebody, only then I stay in the zippy lane because I enjoy the speed. This doesn't always last; I eventually move back over and slow down. I may drive like I'm from Massachusetts but I do enjoy traveling the posted speed limit on occasion.

Much like life in general.

I like to be busy, I like having deadlines (to put off until they're right on top of me and I'm panicking), but then all that busy catches up with me and I want nothing more than to wake up in the morning and have nothing to do all day. I can sit on the couch and read or switch from Pinterest to Facebook all day.

Right now I'm busy, but about to get another respite. I'm finishing up a summer class, and being classic me I've procrastinated fabulously, so now I'm hastily finishing up readings, writing two 3-5 page essays with one more due next week, and pulling together a presentation for the class tomorrow night. I told my husband I wasn't going to procrastinate this time but I still did. I started out fine, but this was a 6-week course at the grad level and the professor assigned more reading than there is time in the day. You have no choice but to read everything because every other day required at least two posts to a discussion board regarding that day's readings. So I slid back and everything just piled on top of me in a heap of ink and paper.I'm still clawing my way to the surface. Paper is slippery.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Since my last entry was from March, I owe myself and my invisible army of readers an update. Check again in a week, which if you've seen how often I update this thing is pretty damn fast. However I have priorities at the moment: finishing this class with my dignity intact is the highest right now, followed by cracking open a good novel and letting my brain melt a little. And then cleaning the house....and riding.....grocery shopping......and prepping for fall classes....

No comments:

Post a Comment